The IELTS USA Andrea Scott International Graduate Scholarship is a $5000 tuition scholarship that is awarded to an international graduate student enrolling in an accredited US college or university. The scholarship can be renewed for up to three years if you maintain a good academic standing.
IELTS USA founded this scholarship in honour of the late Andrea Scott, a dedicated international education colleague, and Senior Product Champion at IELTS USA. Andrea was an innovative higher education professional and outside of work she was very active in her community.
We look for scholarship recipients who share Andrea’s inspiring commitment to international education, her passion for globalisation, creative arts, and equal rights initiatives.
- Applicants must have a valid IELTS Academic score (the test must be taken within two years of the application deadline).
- Applicants must be admitted to an accredited US college or university for a programme starting in the fall (autumn) of the year they apply.
- Applicants must be admitted and enrolled in a Master’s or doctoral programme.
- Applicants must hold one passport from a country other than the US to qualify as an international student.
- Applicants must be studying one of the following areas:
- social justice
- criminal justice reform
- women’s rights or women’s studies
- creative arts
- diversity, equity and inclusion
- educational access and equity
- international studies or international policy
- higher education leadership.
The selection committee will evaluate applications based on:
- demonstration of preparation of English proficiency relevant for graduate studies
- demonstration of personal or professional commitment to at least one of the areas of interest listed above
- demonstration of a strong academic profile .
Applications for the 2023 award have now closed, but you can visit the IELTS USA page to sign up for an email notification when applications open for the 2024 award.