The time it takes to receive your IELTS result will depend on the test that you take:
Your IELTS results
You will receive an IELTS Test Report Form (or TRF) as official confirmation and proof of your test results. This can either be a paper copy or a digital version (eTRF). You can share your IELTS Test Report Form, as proof of your English proficiency, with the organisations you wish to apply to. They will be able to verify your results using the IELTS Results Service.
Receiving your TRF and accessing your results
In a test centre
- IELTS on Paper
- Paper TRF
- IELTS on Computer
- Paper TRF
- In some countries we are now issuing eTRFs.
- Check with your test centre for more information.
- IELTS Online
You can also view your results through the Test Taker portal
To access your results online you will need your passport or ID number (the same ID you used when you registered for the test) and your candidate number.
- If you registered through the British Council, you will receive an email with a link to view your IELTS scores.
- If you registered through IDP, you can access your IELTS results on your IDP account.
- If you took your test in the USA, you will receive an email with a link to view your test scores on your IELTS USA account.
How to share your IELTS Test Report Form (TRF)
Paper TRF (postal mail) or e-delivery
Sharing official IELTS scores is easy. You can request to send your scores to your chosen organisation(s) through the booking portal. Organisations will specify how they prefer to receive official IELTS scores: either through postal mail or via IELTS Results Service e-delivery. Please note that IELTS Online results can only be officially shared with organisations via the IELTS Results Service e-delivery.
- Paper TRF delivery (postal mail): Please contact your test centre to send your scores to organisations that have requested to receive paper results via postal mail. You can share your results by postal mail with up to five organisations free of charge. If you would like to send your scores by postal mail to any additional organisations, you will be charged a processing fee.
- E-delivery: Results can be shared with organisations receiving e-delivery results by contacting your test centre or by selecting them via the booking portal. You can share your results by IELTS Results Service e-delivery with as many organisations as you like.
Please contact your chosen organisation(s) to confirm how they prefer to receive IELTS scores (postal or e-delivery). You should also ask your chosen organisation to confirm their address (for postal delivery) or account name (for e-delivery).
How to share your results if your test centre has closed
If your test centre has closed, you can arrange for your IELTS results to be sent to your chosen organisations by filling in the Additional IELTS TRF form. This service is available for up to two years from the date of your test date, and offered at a cost.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact your test centre for support.