The time it takes to receive your IELTS result will depend on the test that you take:
Sharing your results
You will receive an IELTS Test Report Form (or TRF) as official confirmation and proof of your test results. This can either be a paper copy or a digital version (eTRF). You can share your IELTS Test Report Form, as proof of your English proficiency, with the organisations you wish to apply to. They will be able to verify your results using the IELTS Results Service.
Receiving your TRF
In a test centre
- IELTS on Paper
- Paper TRF
- IELTS on Computer
- Paper TRF
- In some countries we are now issuing eTRFs.
- Check with your test centre for more information.
- IELTS Online
How to share your results
You can share your results with up to five organisations free of charge. Results can be sent to additional organisations for a small administration fee. You can arrange this by contacting your test centre.
You can share your result with as many organisations as you like.
- If you registered through the British Council, you will receive an email with a link to view your IELTS scores.
- If you registered through IDP, you can access your IELTS results on your IDP account.
- If you took your test in the USA, you will receive an email with a link to view your test scores on your IELTS USA account.
To access your results online you will need your passport or ID number (the same ID you used when you registered for the test) and your candidate number.
How to share your results if your test centre has closed
If your test centre has closed, you can arrange for your IELTS results to be sent to your chosen organisations by filling in the Additional IELTS TRF form. This service is available for up to two years from the date of your test date.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact your test centre for support.